The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:25:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Greg Biffle Fans Forum!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

DEI and GINN MERGER

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DEI and GINN MERGER  (Read 150 times)
MARKW6
KNOWS ALL SEES ALL
Shop Cleaner

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:05:07 am »

Earnhardt Inc., Ginn Racing complete merger
15 car to receive 14's owner points, 13 car eliminated
By David Caraviello, NASCAR.COM
July 25, 2007
01:57 PM EDT

A little more than two months ago, fledgling but ambitious Nextel Cup team owner Bobby Ginn made a public play to add driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. On Wednesday, Earnhardt Jr.'s organization added Ginn.

Dale Earnhardt Inc. absorbed Ginn Racing, creating a four-car operation that will compete under the DEI banner this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Effective immediately, DEI drivers Earnhardt Jr. and Martin Truex Jr. will be joined by Mark Martin and Aric Almirola, who will split the remainder of this year in the No. 01 car. DEI driver Paul Menard will inherit the owner points of former Ginn driver Sterling Marlin, whose car was inside the top 35, while the No. 13 formerly piloted by Ginn driver Joe Nemechek will be eliminated.

Army of one
The No. 01 U.S. Army car will be the only one of three Ginn Racing started out with this season on the track this weekend at Indy, following a restructuring of the team.

Complete story, click here
Garage Pass: Spin on Ginn
"This merger is great for both companies," DEI president Max Siegel said in a statement. "Our stated goals included an expansion to four cars as quickly as possible and, in order to do that, we had to acquire more shop space. This relationship with Bobby Ginn and his company allows us to accomplish both, which makes this a perfect transaction."

The team will operate from both the DEI shop in Mooresville, N.C., and the 180,000-square-foot-facility housing the Ginn organization. The two buildings are less than five miles apart. DEI will also acquire Ginn's seven-post machine. John Story, DEI's vice president of motorsports operations, will oversee the expansion efforts.

"The combined resources of the companies are tremendous," Story said. "Ginn Racing just completed the installation of a seven-post rig. With our recently formed R&D team, as well as the combined efforts of two strong engineering programs, we will be able to accelerate our learning curve. Both companies have many smart and talented people. All of our teams will undoubtedly become stronger."

Regan Smith, who had been splitting the No. 01 with Martin, was scheduled to move into the No. 14 car full-time beginning this week. Instead, he will compete in a Craftsman Truck Series race at O'Reilly Raceway Park. The full schedules for Smith, Martin and Almirola will be determined later. The company will also continue to field entries on NASCAR's Busch and Busch East circuits, the latter where Ginn developmental driver Jesus Hernandez, a Drive for Diversity graduate, competes.

Ginn also fields late models for Ricky Carmichael, the motocross champion attempting to make the transition to stock cars. NASCAR.COM has learned that Martin will continue to aid Carmichael's development, and that his stock-car schedule will be increased beginning this weekend with events Friday at Orlando, Fla., and Saturday at New Smyrna Beach, Fla. Sponsor Monster Energy will remain on Carmichael's car.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

" I WAS WAITING FOR THEM TO THROW THE CAUTION"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

roushbiff6
Future Heavy-Duty Mechanic
Global Moderator
Spotter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:09:10 am »

Me likey! All i have to say! Grin

Jeni
Vote for Helio ~~ Penske Power rocks the dance floor
Global Moderator
Grease Monkey

Forum Mother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:57:05 am »

Me too and so does my younger brother.  He's been an Earnhardt fan since he was 10-years-old and I finally get him on the Mark Martin bandwagon.  Tongue  I've finally done something right as the oldest sister.  Grin

~ If you don't believe, then you don't belong ~ Alan Kulwicki ~ 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion

~ Put your head down and go for it ~ Greg Moore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum