The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:13:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Greg Biffle Fans Forum!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ford 400 Notes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford 400 Notes  (Read 593 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:31:26 pm »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Ricky Rudd Notes

RICKY RUDD, SNICKERS® RACING
HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY

NOVEMBER 18, 2007 RUDD TO MAKE FINAL NEXTEL CUP CAREER START AT HOMESTEAD

CHARLOTTE, NC (November 13, 2007) – The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend for the final race of the 2007 season, the Ford 400. Ford Championship Weekend will mark the final start for Ricky Rudd in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and Sunday’s Ford 400 will be Rudd’s 906th career start in the series. NASCAR’s “Iron Man,” who holds the record for the most consecutive number of starts with 788, will start the final Cup series race of his career Sunday. Rudd holds numerous accolades on his resume including: 1992 IROC Champion, 1997 Brickyard 400 Winner, 2006 Virginian of the Year, and was named one of NASCAR’s “50 All-Time Great” drivers to name a few.

Quoting Snickers Driver, Ricky Rudd:
This is the last race of your career this weekend, has that fact sunk in yet?
“Honestly it really hasn’t settled in that this weekend is it. I was so busy trying to get my shoulder better the past few months and suddenly here we are at the end of the season already. The reality just hasn’t settled in but I’m looking forward to having time to spend with my family. I’ve been fortunate enough to have achieved so many things in my life both on and off the track. As much as I will miss racing on Sundays, I look forward to the next adventure in my life.”

How do you want to be remembered by your peers and fans?
“We’ve had a lot of loyal fans over the years that have always pulled for me and whatever team I was with during my career. I just want everyone to remember me as someone who gave 120 percent every day in the race car. Looking back, I know that I shied away from the limelight of the media a lot. I did that in order to make sure that I had a good balance of my work and personal lives. I found that balance was very important to me and I think that is one of the main reasons I was able to enjoy over 30 years in this sport. I’m just a guy who loves this sport. I came into NASCAR because I loved racing and I wanted to try and succeed in it. I gave it everything that I had, and hopefully everyone will remember that about me.”

NOTES OF INTEREST:

Sunday’s Ford 400 will mark Rudd’s 906th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start
Rudd has an average starting position of 12.9, and an average finish of 23.4 at Homestead
Rudd has completed 1,770 of 1,873 laps at Homestead (94.5 percent) and has led 49 laps
Rudd’s best starting position at Homestead is from second which he accomplished in 2000
Rudd’s best finish at Homestead is sixth which he earned during the 2000 Pennzoil 400

ABOUT MARS US:
Mars US is the United States food, snack and pet care operations of Mars, Incorporated, one of the world's leading food manufacturers. With more than $7 billion in annual sales in the U.S., the combined food, snack and pet care segments are a symbol of excellence for quality brands. Headquartered in Hackettstown, New Jersey, Mars US employs more than 9,000 associates in the United States, with 52 facilities nationwide. The company owns some of the world's favorite brands, including M&M'S® Brand, SNICKERS® Brand, UNCLE BEN'S® Brand, PEDIGREE® Brand Food for Dogs, and WHISKAS® Brand Food for Cats.

CHASSIS #79
Chassis #79 is the chassis the #88 Snickers Racing team will be running this weekend for the Ford 400. This is the same standard chassis the team raced earlier in the season at Charlotte for the Bank of America 500 and the Coca-Cola 600, at Michigan for the 3M Performance 400, and at Chicago for the USG Sheetrock 400.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum