The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Nov. 18 GBFF will merge with The Race Garage Be sure to register

http://www.theracegarage.com/home/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami  (Read 135 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:38:46 pm »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Bill Elliott Notes
21 TEAM HEADS INTO THE ‘HOME’ STRETCH AT HOMESTEAD

On the heels of a 34th place effort at Phoenix International Raceway, the No. 21 Wood Brothers/JTG team heads into the final event of the 2007 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Bill Elliott will once again be behind the wheel for the Ford 400 race, set for Sunday afternoon.

The team intends to bring Chassis 213, which they previously used last month at Kansas Speedway. This chassis only has two starts in the 2007 season. Motorcraft returns as the primary sponsor of the No. 21 car for the final event this year, marking the ninth time that the familiar red and black paint scheme will adorn the car. It’s a fitting tribute to Ford’s “Championship Weekend” festivities.

Despite only six starts at the reconfigured race track, Elliott owns an impressive record at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He has one win, one top-five and three top-10 finishes. He’s also led 248 laps of competition and managed to capture the Bud Pole Award the year the same year he won the race, in the 2001 season.

The team is now 136 points out of the top-35 in owner points, but their ‘never say die’ attitude remains as they look to Miami to end a tough 2007 season on as positive a note as possible.

WHAT THE TEAM HAS TO SAY:

Bill Elliott, Driver of the No. 21 Motorcraft Ford:
“I’ve certainly enjoyed my role as a fill-in driver for the Wood Brothers. You just can’t find them any nicer than Eddie or Len Wood and that’s made this whole process worthwhile, despite our struggles. I’ve always liked racing here at Homestead and my track record is pretty good. I just want to be able to send all these guys out on a good note, if I can.”

Gene Nead, Crew Chief of the No. 21 Motorcraft Ford:“We’ve learned a lot of patience over the last few weeks—especially the last two. We’ve had a lot of success in dialing in the car during a race, but we’d rather have it dialed in to begin with. I think we’ve got a great primary car under us this week—it did pretty well at Kansas for us. We’ll be looking to do our very best and see if we can’t make this last event a bright spot heading into the off-season.”

FAST & FUN FACTS:
-Bill Elliott will drive the No. 21 Motorcraft Ford in the Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.
-In 6 starts at Phoenix, Elliott has one win, one top-five and three top-10 finishes. He’s led 248 laps of competition and owns one Bud Pole Award.

NEXT RACE INFORMATION:
What – Ford 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Event
When – Sunday, November 18th, 2007; 3:30 p.m. EDT
Where – Homestead-Miami Speedway; 267 laps; 400 miles
Network – ABC Television Network; MRN Radio Network
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum