The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:01:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greg Wins at KS

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Checker Auto Parts 500

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Checker Auto Parts 500  (Read 170 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:57:15 pm »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Bill Elliott Notes
ELLIOTT AND WOOD BROTHERS/JTG PREP FOR VALLEY OF THE SUN

After getting swept up into a lap 131 accident last weekend at the Texas Motor Speedway, the Wood Brothers/JTG team is happy to put that memory to rest and get ready for Phoenix International Raceway. The team rallied to fix the car and gained an additional eight spots in the running order by returning to action. The team is hoping that it can build on that kind of spirit as they get ready for the final two events of the 2007 season.

The team is taking COT Chassis C-8 for the Checker Auto Parts 500. The team has used this as a primary car in the second Dover event back in September. Heinz/Ore-Ida will be the primary sponsor for this event, marking the third and final time they will partner with the team. Bill Elliott is slated to drive.

Elliott’s record at Phoenix International Raceway includes 17 previous starts with one win (1989), four top-fives and four top ten finishes. Elliott has also led 62 laps of competition at the mile-long track and captured two Bud Pole Awards along the way.

The team finds itself down 127 points in the fight for the 35th spot in owner points, with just two events to go. The Wood Brothers/JTG will be hoping for a lot of luck and for a few things to fall into place if they are to make a serious charge in the remaining events.

WHAT THE TEAM HAS TO SAY:
Bill Elliott, Driver of the No. 21 Heinz/Ore-Ida Ford:
“This team showed me a lot of heart last weekend with the way they responded when the chips were down. That will give a driver a lot of confidence and I sure hope we capitalize on it this weekend in Phoenix. We’ve got a pretty good car to work with and we’ll see what we can come up with.”

Gene Nead, Crew Chief of the No. 21 Heinz/Ore-Ida Ford:
“We’re going to have to work pretty hard during our practice sessions this weekend to get a car underneath Bill. Our record with the COT cars isn’t spectacular, but I think we’re gaining on it. This will be our last chance to work on one this year, so I hope we earn something we can build off of for next year.”

FAST & FUN FACTS: -Bill Elliott will drive the No. 21 Heinz/Ore-Ida Ford in the Checker Auto Parts 500 at Phoenix International Raceway on Sunday.
-In 17 starts at Phoenix, Elliott has one win, four top-fives and four top-10 finishes. He’s led 62 laps of competition and owns two Bud Pole Awards.

NEXT RACE INFORMATION:
What – Checker Auto Parts 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Event
When – Sunday, November 11th, 2007; 3:30 p.m. EST
Where – Phoenix International Raceway; 312 laps; 312 miles
Network – ABC Television Network; MRN Radio Network
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RacingDude4
PR Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:34:34 am »

Bill probably won't make it in the Top 35 unless Blaney has some trouble during these final 2 weeks. I hate to say it, but it's probably true.  Sad
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum