The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:58:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit The Links Page Located on the Toolbar For Awesome Sites

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Reiser Appointed General Manager at Roush Fenway Racing

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reiser Appointed General Manager at Roush Fenway Racing  (Read 136 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:49:41 pm »

~Race2Win

Reiser Appointed General Manager at Roush Fenway Racing
Roush Fenway Racing announces new General Manager Robbie Reiser appointed as new GM at Roush Fenway Racing

Concord, N.C. – Roush Fenway Racing announced Thursday that championship crew chief, Robbie Reiser, has been appointed General Manager of Roush Fenway Racing’s NASCAR NEXTEL Cup team operations.

“This is a great opportunity for me and I’m looking forward to the next phase of my racing career,” Reiser said. “If it’s anywhere near as fun, competitive, and successful as the previous phase, then we’re going to be in good shape. It wasn’t an easy decision to stop being the crew chief of the No. 17 team, but now I get to work with all of our Cup teams and help improve our performance as a whole. I’m looking forward to the new challenge.”

Reiser replaces Max Jones and steps into the GM role with well over 20 years of racing experience under his belt. The Allentown, Wis.-native began as a driver, racing late models in the 1980s before getting in to the NASCAR Busch Series in 1995. As co-owner of Reiser Enterprises, with his dad John, Robbie transitioned to crew chief in 1997 and hired fellow Wisconsin-native, Matt Kenseth to drive for him. Reiser, along with Kenseth, came to Roush Fenway Racing in 1999 and together have tallied 15 wins, 78 top fives, and 141 top-10 finishes in NASCAR’S Cup series, including winning rookie of the year honors in 2000 and the Cup Championship in 2003.

“Max did a great job and we wish him well in his new role.” said Roush Fenway Racing’s co-owner Jack Roush. “We are fortunate to have an experienced and talented replacement in Robbie Reiser. He’s a proven winner and I’m confident that he’ll continue to keep Roush Fenway Racing at the fore front of the industry.”

Roush Fenway Racing is expected to name other crew changes to the No. 17 Ford team in the upcoming weeks.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:33:36 pm »

Big loss for Matt but very good for Robbie
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print