The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:50:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Nov. 18 GBFF will merge with The Race Garage Be sure to register

http://www.theracegarage.com/home/

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

This Week in Ford Racing: Greg Biffle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This Week in Ford Racing: Greg Biffle  (Read 77 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:09:55 pm »

~Race2Win

This Week in Ford Racing: Greg Biffle

November 6, 2007 - Sunday’s event will mark the final race of the inaugural season for NASCAR’s Car of Tomorrow. Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 Dish Network Ford Fusion, says that Roush Fenway Racing has made great strides with the COT since the beginning of the season. Next week’s season-ender will be at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where Biffle has won each of the last three races.

Greg Biffle

GREG BIFFLE – No. 16 Dish Network Ford Fusion – THIS WILL MARK THE FINAL RACE OF 2007 FOR THE CAR OF TOMORROW. WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT AT THE START OF THE YEAR, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT NOW? “Certainly, I was pretty disappointed at the beginning of the year, simply because we couldn’t get the car to go. Obviously, we’re going back to Phoenix, where we ran terrible at the beginning of the year – but we also did at Loudon, and then went back to Loudon and ran in the top-10. Hopefully, we’ve made some gains on the car over the season, and that’s really going to show up, hopefully, at Phoenix. So, we’re kind of waiting to see how we’re going to run there, but if we run decent there then that will be great for us. That’ll be a huge improvement over where we started out and where we ended up. Obviously, I was a threat to win Phoenix about every time we went there, and then could barely run in the 20s. So, that’s a big difference for us, being real competitive and then not even being competitive at all. So, that was disappointing.”

IS IT ACCURATE TO SAY THAT ROUSH FENWAY RACING HAS MADE MORE STRIDES WITH THE CAR OF TOMORROW THIS YEAR THAN ANYBODY ELSE IN THE GARAGE? “I think so. We started out pretty far off, and we gained a whole lot on it. Definitely, obviously, Hendrick was the best in the beginning – and they probably still are, but we’ve certainly gotten a heck of a lot closer than when we started out?

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON PHOENIX? “I love the track. I love the place. It’s a great race track. Unfortunately, we were just, way off in the spring race there. Hopefully, we’re going to gain on that and be right in the hunt this time. Yeah, definitely, it’s been trying. But I love that place. We’ve come so close to winning a Cup race there; I’ve won in the Busch Series and the Truck Series, but we’ll keep trying to get a Cup win.”

AND THEN THE NEXT WEEK IS A TRACK THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY OWN, HOMESTEAD-MIAMI, WHERE YOU’VE WON THE LAST THREE SEASON FINALES. YOU’VE GOT TO LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR. “Yeah, I really do. We’re trying to determine whether to take our Texas car or our other car to Homestead. We like the way the Texas car runs, and we like the way our other car runs – that we won Kansas with. So, it’ll be a toss-up between those two cars. In fact, I think we have the Kansas car slated to go there. So, we’ll just see if we can make it four in a row. You just never know, but we’ll wait and see.”

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum