The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:58:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congrats to RoushBiff6 Member of the Month for November

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Checker Auto Parts 500

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Checker Auto Parts 500  (Read 164 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:58:23 pm »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Ricky Rudd Notes
RICKY RUDD, PEDIGREE® RACING
PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
NOVEMBER 11, 2007

RUDD AIMS FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE TOP-20 FINISH THIS WEEKEND

CHARLOTTE, NC (November 6, 2007) – This weekend the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Phoenix International Raceway for the Checker Auto Parts 500. With two more races left in the 2007 season as well as his career, Ricky Rudd looks ahead to Phoenix as an opportunity to further develop on the success the #88 team has achieved the previous two weekends at Atlanta and Texas. Rudd has finished in the top-20 the past two weekends with a 17th-place finish at Atlanta and a 15th-place finish at Texas. Rudd will be running the bright yellow PEDIGREE® Brand Food for Dogs Ford Fusion this weekend at Phoenix instead of his traditional Snickers paint scheme.

Quoting PEDIGREE Driver, Ricky Rudd:
This is your last race at Phoenix, what have you enjoyed about racing here?
“Phoenix International Raceway is a track that I’ve been fortunate enough to have some really great races at. I won there in 1995 and I’ve had some very good runs since then. The Phoenix area is a part of the country that is so beautiful to visit and I’ll miss racing there. Phoenix is also a track where speeds are fast and aerodynamics come into play when you look at setting up a car to race there, so it will be interesting to see how my last race weekend in Phoenix turns out for us.”

This weekend will also mark the last race of the season for the Car of Tomorrow (COT); what are your thoughts on the season with the new chassis style?
“Honestly looking back to the very first races with the COT, most teams really didn’t know what to expect every weekend. I know for our team there were a lot of question marks every weekend simply because all the notes you had from previous races, really didn’t pertain anymore. Changes and set-ups that you used in the past just didn’t work the same on these new cars. It was a season of learning and I think that our guys have learned a lot this year and they’ve been able to apply that as the season has gone on. It has been quite an adjustment to switch between the two car styles, but I really am proud of what our team has been able to focus on towards the end of this year.”

NOTES OF INTEREST:

Rudd has an average starting position of 18.2, and an average finish of 19.6 at Phoenix
Rudd has completed 6,046 of 6,188 laps at Phoenix (97.7 percent) and has led 387 laps
Rudd’s best starting position at Phoenix is from third which he accomplished in 1996
Rudd’s best finish at Phoenix is his win which he earned during the 1995 Dura Lube 500

ABOUT MARS US:
Mars US is the United States food, snack and pet care operations of Mars, Incorporated, one of the world's leading food manufacturers. With more than $7 billion in annual sales in the U.S., the combined food, snack and pet care segments are a symbol of excellence for quality brands. Headquartered in Hackettstown, New Jersey, Mars US employs more than 9,000 associates in the United States, with 52 facilities nationwide. The company owns some of the world's favorite brands, including M&M'S® Brand, SNICKERS® Brand, UNCLE BEN'S® Brand, PEDIGREE® Brand Food for Dogs, and WHISKAS® Brand Food for Cats.

CHASSIS #720
Chassis #720 is the chassis the #88 PEDIGREE Racing team will be running this weekend for the Checker Auto Parts 500. This is the same Car of Tomorrow chassis the team raced earlier in the season for the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RacingDude4
PR Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:25 am »

Compared to the rest of his 2007 season, the last two races have been great for Ricky Rudd. The good news is, Ricky has won here before so maybe he can get a shot at finishing in the Top 10 this weekend.  Smiley
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum