The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:20:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Member of the Month on Dec. 1st Don't Forget to Vote

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Atlanta / Memphis Weekend

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta / Memphis Weekend  (Read 69 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:11:40 am »

~Race2Win

Pep Boys Auto 500 - Jamie McMurray Notes

Jamie McMurray
Atlanta Motor Speedway
1.5-mile speedway located in Hampton, Ga.
NNCS: Pep Boys 500; Sunday, October 28, 2007

FAST FACTS:

In 10 career Cup starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Jamie McMurray has three top-10 finishes. In Busch competition, McMurray has one win at the 1.5-mile speedway.
This weekend, McMurray will pull "double-duty" by participating in the NASCAR Busch Series race in Memphis, Tenn.
McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion in this weekend’s Pep Boys 500.
In his last run at the 1.5-mile speedway in March 2007, McMurray posted a 15th-place finish.

Jamie McMurray - NNCS ADVANCE
Team: No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Larry Carter
Chassis: RK–428 – Last raced at Charlotte – Oct. 2007 – Finished 24th
Backup – RK–403 – Tested at Las Vegas – March 2007

McMurray on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:“I’m really excited about returning to Atlanta this weekend. For starters, we are taking the same car that ran really well for us in Charlotte. Although we didn’t get the finish out of it that we were expecting in Charlotte, the car ran really, really well for us. It’s a car that we have run a few times this season, but when we took it back to the wind tunnel a few weeks ago, it blew better than it ever has in the past. And when we unloaded in Charlotte, it was good from the start. Hopefully we will have the same results with this car in Atlanta.

“This weekend, I’m also running the Memphis Busch race, which should be a fun race. I’m leaving Atlanta right after Happy Hour practice and flying up there for the race. I know the guys have a pretty good Busch car waiting for me, so it should be a lot of fun.

“Last weekend was tough for the No. 26 Crown Royal team. I really hope we can get rid of this bad luck and finish out the season on a strong note.”

Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
“I think the entire No. 26 Crown Royal team is excited about Atlanta this weekend because of the good car we are taking to the track. This car is quickly becoming a team favorite and one that Jamie feels really comfortable driving. That’s very important when it comes to setting up the car and adjusting on it throughout the race. If we don’t get caught by caution flag or have brake troubles this weekend, it should be a pretty good race for us. This team has had a lot of luck this season, just not good luck. Hopefully we can shake that from our backs and have a good run for everyone this weekend.”

Sam’s Town 250 - Jamie McMurray Notes

Jamie McMurray

NASCAR Busch Series: Sam's Town 250
Saturday October 27
3:00 PM Eastern – ESPN2/MRN

Jamie McMurray
Team: No. 26 Dish Network Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Chad Norris
Chassis: RK-350 Last ran Richmond – finished 12th

McMurray on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:
“This weekend is going to be busy; it’s been awhile since I’ve done double duty like this. Luckily I have Kenny Wallace in Memphis to practice and qualify my Busch car. Plus Chad and my whole team have given me great cars so far this season that I really think they will get this one handling well for me. Especially since I have to jump in it without any practice from the tail end of the field and try to work my way forward. But, like I said, they have given me great cars so far so I think this will be the same. I’ve come from the back before at Memphis so I think we can do it again and get a good finish for Dish Network.”

Crew Chief Chad Norris on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:

“The No. 26 Dish Network team is looking forward to having Kenny Wallace in the car this weekend for practice and qualifying. Kenny is a lot of fun and a really great guy, and on top of that is a really talented race car driver. We are very excited to get back to the track after our strong run we had at Charlotte with Jamie. We are bringing the same car that we ran at Richmond to Memphis. The car seems to be pretty fast so we can’t wait to see what Jamie can do on race day.”

Ahhhh!!!  Kenny Wallace in the car!!  Lol....good luck Kenny and Jamie!!

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum