The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:46:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congrats to RoushBiff6 Member of the Month for November

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ford 400 ~ Ford 300 Notes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford 400 ~ Ford 300 Notes  (Read 173 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:28:41 pm »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Carl Edwards Notes

Carl Edwards
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Ford 400
Sunday November 18
3:00 PM Eastern – ABC/MRN Fast Facts:

After a disappointing finish at Phoenix, Carl Edwards is currently ninth in the “Chase” for the NEXTEL Cup with 6067 points, 505 points behind the leader, Jimmie Johnson
Edwards will make his fourth Cup start at Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts Edwards has achieved one pole, one top five and two top 10 finishes
Edwards’ average start at Homestead is 18; his average finish is 8.7. Edwards had led a total of 94 laps at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Office Depot Store No. 2578 from Ithaca, N.Y. is this week’s sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 this weekend at Homestead

Carl Edwards
Team: No.99 Office Depot Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-320 Last ran Fontana in Sept. ’07; started 19th, finished 2nd
Ran Texas in Nov. ‘07; started 21st, finished 26th

Edwards on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“The last two weeks we’ve had great race cars, but we’ve had some mechanical troubles that have kept us from realizing our potential. This week, we’re not going to have those issues and we’re bringing a really great Office Depot car that we raced at California and Texas. Hopefully, we’ll have a top five run that will clinch us inside the top 10 in the ‘Chase’. I really like Homestead – I ran eighth there last year and my teammates have won there the past couple of years – as a whole, Roush Fenway Racing runs really well there, and hopefully my Office Depot team will be able to cap off the 2007 season with a win.

“Homestead-Miami is pretty much the home track for Office Depot, since they are headquartered just up the road in Delray Beach. I’m really looking forward to spending time with the associates at their campus this week and having a great showing for them in the Ford 400 this weekend.”

Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“We really needed to have a better day last week at Phoenix. Our Office Depot Ford was extremely fast and well on its way to victory lane, but a parts failure ended our day early and really hurt us in the point standing. All we can do is the best we can this weekend at Homestead and hopefully end our season with a strong finish. The Office Depot team really stepped it up in the pits the last few weeks, so if they continue their good work and we can give Carl another a fast car, which I think we can, we should be able to run up front. We’ll just have to see what happens.”
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »

~Race2Win

Ford 300 - Carl Edwards Notes

Carl Edwards
NASCAR Busch Series: Ford 300
Saturday November 17
4:00 PM Eastern – ESPN2/MRN

Carl Edwards

Team: No. 60 Scotts Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Pierre Kuettel
Chassis: RK-427 Last ran at Lowe’s, October ’07; finished 33rd

Edwards on racing in the Busch Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway:“Wow, I can’t believe the season will be over this weekend. Homestead is an awesome 1.5-mile track with lots of grooves, just like I like. I had a great Busch race there last year finishing second. Since the championship is locked up, I plan on pressing it to the hilt and going for the win. It would be great to cap off the season with a victory for Scotts.”

Crew Chief Pierre Kuettel on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“This will be the last hoorah for the Scotts Ford Fusion this season. We’re going to go down there with some pretty high expectations and we should run pretty well. We have been doing okay on our big track program and we’ll go for the win. It’s been an up and down season and our Scotts team would love to end on a high note.”

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum