The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:24:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Member of the Month on Dec. 1st Don't Forget to Vote

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Texas II: Ricky Rudd preview

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas II: Ricky Rudd preview  (Read 120 times)
Jeni
Vote for Helio ~~ Penske Power rocks the dance floor
Global Moderator
Grease Monkey

Forum Mother

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2007, 11:33:38 pm »

Texas II: Ricky Rudd preview
Racing series   NASCAR-CUP 
Date  2007-10-31

#88 SNICKERS RACING TEAM LOOKS FOR SUCCESSFUL RUN AT TEXAS

CHARLOTTE, NC (October 30, 2007) -- With three more races left in the 2007 season, the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend for the Dickies 500. Ricky Rudd and the #88 Snickers Ford Fusion head into "the Lone Star State" with the goal of finishing the 2007 season in the top 35 of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series owner points standings. Rudd and the Snickers Racing team are looking for a strong finish this weekend in Texas after being caught up in a crash on the opening laps earlier in the season which left the team wishing for another opportunity to run well there.

Quoting Snickers Driver, Ricky Rudd:

Heading into Texas this weekend, what are your expectations for this weekend?

"Texas is a very fast track and to me, it's a better track now that it was when they first built it because the groove that we can race on has moved up a bit. It's also just a lot of fun to race in that part of the country because the fans in Texas support racing really well and we always just enjoy going there to race. Our goal heading into Texas this weekend is to have a strong performance and to bring home a solid finish after we were caught up in a crash the last time we were here. We'd like to have the opportunity to prove ourselves this weekend."

With three races remaining in the season, what are the goals for the team for these final races?

"My goal for these final races is to get the very best finishes that I can for the team. We've had a lot of things to learn and adapt to this season with the Car of Tomorrow being introduced but I'm really proud of how our Snickers Racing team has rallied around the car every weekend. We have learned a lot this season at the various tracks and the team really has done a great job taking what we learn each week and applying it. I just really would like to end the year with being able to keep the #88 in the top 35 of the NEXTEL Cup Series owner point standings. I want to finish the year out as strong as we possibly can and I know that this team can get a few more strong performances over the next three weeks."

-credit: ryr

From motorsport.com
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

~ If you don't believe, then you don't belong ~ Alan Kulwicki ~ 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion

~ Put your head down and go for it ~ Greg Moore

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:29:39 am »

Sorry if some of this is repeated from above...

~Race2Win

Dickies 500 - Ricky Rudd Notes
RICKY RUDD, SNICKERS® RACING
TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
NOVEMBER 4, 2007

#88 SNICKERS RACING TEAM LOOKS FOR SUCCESSFUL RUN AT TEXAS

CHARLOTTE, NC (October 30, 2007) – With three more races left in the 2007 season, the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend for the Dickies 500. Ricky Rudd and the #88 Snickers Ford Fusion head into “the Lone Star State” with the goal of finishing the 2007 season in the top 35 of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series owner points standings. Rudd and the Snickers Racing team are looking for a strong finish this weekend in Texas after being caught up in a crash on the opening laps earlier in the season which left the team wishing for another opportunity to run well there.

Quoting Snickers Driver, Ricky Rudd:
Heading into Texas this weekend, what are your expectations for this weekend?
“Texas is a very fast track and to me, it’s a better track now that it was when they first built it because the groove that we can race on has moved up a bit. It’s also just a lot of fun to race in that part of the country because the fans in Texas support racing really well and we always just enjoy going there to race. Our goal heading into Texas this weekend is to have a strong performance and to bring home a solid finish after we were caught up in a crash the last time we were here. We’d like to have the opportunity to prove ourselves this weekend.”

With three races remaining in the season, what are the goals for the team for these final races?
“My goal for these final races is to get the very best finishes that I can for the team. We’ve had a lot of things to learn and adapt to this season with the Car of Tomorrow being introduced but I’m really proud of how our Snickers Racing team has rallied around the car every weekend. We have learned a lot this season at the various tracks and the team really has done a great job taking what we learn each week and applying it. I just really would like to end the year with being able to keep the #88 in the top 35 of the NEXTEL Cup Series owner point standings. I want to finish the year out as strong as we possibly can and I know that this team can get a few more strong performances over the next three weeks.”

NOTES OF INTEREST:

Rudd has an average starting position of 17.2, and an average finish of 18.5 at Texas
Rudd has completed 3,567 of 3,674 laps at Texas (97.1 percent) and has led 64 laps
Rudd’s best starting position at Texas is from third which he accomplished in 2002
Rudd’s best finish at Texas is a fourth-place finish he earned during the 2002 Samsung/ Radio Shack 500

ABOUT MARS US:
Mars US is the United States food, snack and pet care operations of Mars, Incorporated, one of the world's leading food manufacturers. With more than $7 billion in annual sales in the U.S., the combined food, snack and pet care segments are a symbol of excellence for quality brands. Headquartered in Hackettstown, New Jersey, Mars US employs more than 9,000 associates in the United States, with 52 facilities nationwide. The company owns some of the world's favorite brands, including M&M'S® Brand, SNICKERS® Brand, UNCLE BEN'S® Brand, PEDIGREE® Brand Food for Dogs, and WHISKAS® Brand Food for Cats.

CHASSIS #79
Chassis #79 is the chassis the #88 Snickers Racing team will be running this weekend for the Dickies 500. This is the same standard chassis the team raced earlier in the season for the 3M Performance 400 at Michigan, the USG Sheetrock 400 at Chicago, as well as the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte where the team had their best finish of the 2007 season.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum