The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:16:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greg Wins at KS

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Force team will field four cars in Vegas; Neff to get first official start

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Force team will field four cars in Vegas; Neff to get first official start  (Read 85 times)
Jeni
Vote for Helio ~~ Penske Power rocks the dance floor
Global Moderator
Grease Monkey

Forum Mother

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:37:29 am »

10/26/2007

John Force Racing will field four entries at this weekend's ACDelco Las Vegas NHRA Nationals. In addition to championship contender Robert Hight, Force's daughter Ashley will return to the tour and will be joined by Phil Burkart Jr., who will fill in for sidelined Force, and new Team Force driver Mike Neff, who will make his official debut this weekend.

Force, who suffered extensive injuries to his feet, legs and hands in a Sept. 23 accident, still is confined to wheelchair because of his foot injuries and next week will undergo additional surgery on broken bones in his right foot.

"Just to be here and watch Mike Neff and Ashley run a couple of 4.80s just now was special," said Force. "No one can ever replace Eric Medlen but Mike has taken that seat and to see the smile on John Medlen's face after that run was worth everything. Then Ashley motors right down through there. I'm just excited to be at a race. I've been in hospitals for the last five, six weeks and it just makes you a new person being here.

"We got Phil Burkart. Man, that kid has impressed me so much. Coil even likes him because he doesn't talk as much as me. Coil said his mouth isn't always running like mine. That kid got in my car, drives by the book, and he's just such a sweetheart, and Neff is to. I've got all these kids here and they jumped in to help me keep the sponsors happy."

"It's a huge honor for John to select me to fill in for him," Burkart said. "Just the fact that he and Austin [Coil] and Bernie [Fedderly, crew chiefs] trust me with their race car is very humbling. To me, this will go down as a little footnote in drag racing history, and I think it's really cool to be a part of it.

"I'm going to do everything I can to represent John Force Racing and all of its sponsors to the best of my abilities. I don't take this assignment lightly at all. This team has a championship on the line and a lot of history behind it, and I want to step up and show them that their reputation as the best team in our sport is very important to me."

From nhra.com
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

~ If you don't believe, then you don't belong ~ Alan Kulwicki ~ 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion

~ Put your head down and go for it ~ Greg Moore

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum