The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:19:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Greg Biffle Fans Forum!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Atlanta / Memphis Weekend

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta / Memphis Weekend  (Read 161 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:14:20 am »

~Race2Win

Pep Boys Auto 500 - David Ragan Notes

David Ragan
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Pep Boys Auto 500
Sunday October 28
1:00 PM Eastern – ABC/PRN

Fast Facts

David Ragan ran his first Craftsman Truck Series race in the No. 6 Scotts F-150 at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March 2006. He started 16th and finished 22nd.
Ragan also competed in the Craftsman Trucks in October 2006 when he started 11th and finished sixth.
Ragan most recently competed in at AMS in the NEXTEL Cup Series in March 2007. He started 38th and finished 33rd.
Ragan is currently 22nd in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings.
Ragan is currently second in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year race. He trails Juan Pablo Montoya by 19 points.

David Ragan
Team: No. 6 AAA Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig
Chassis: Primary: RK-394 Previously ran at Charlotte; finished 40th, Indy; finished 16th, Fontana; finished 12th
Back-up: RK-201 Previously ran at Michigan; finished 21st

Ragan on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:“Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks for the simple fact that it is home to me. I grew just outside of Atlanta and I still have a lot of family and friends in the area. Not to mention I started racing in the Legends Series and ran many races at AMS. We’ve had some tough luck on the mile and a half tracks this year, but we’ve had some great cars and we’re taking one of our best to Atlanta this weekend. We’re still hanging in there in points and we have four more races to break into the top 20, and that is our plan. We have had a lot of great supports this year, from my family, Roush Fenway Racing, AAA and my team I would really love to bring home a good finish for everyone and help us out in the points here at the end of the year.”

Crew Chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:“We are taking the car that we wrecked in Charlotte to Atlanta. It is one of out better cars and we have yet to really get a great finish out of it on a mile and a half track. The year is really winding down now. We have four races left and still a lot to accomplish. We are just outside of the top 20 in points and David is still in contention for the Raybestos Rookie of the Year title. We are due for a good finish after the past few weeks and I have my fingers crossed for this weekend. David has learned a lot this year and has made huge improvements from the first time he visited some of these tracks to when we returned again. Hopefully this time next year we will be involved in the Chase and racing for a championship.”

Sam’s Town 250 - David Ragan Notes

David Ragan
NASCAR Busch Series: Sam's Town 250
Saturday October 27
3:00 PM Eastern – ESPN2/MRN

David Ragan
Team: No. 6 Discount Tire Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Mike Kelley
Chassis: RK-374 Last ran at Gateway, Jul. ’07, finished fifth
Ran at Atlanta, Mar. ’07, finished 20th
Ran at Fontana, Feb. ’07, finished 18th

Ragan on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:“I am ready to get to work at Memphis. I feel our short track program is very solid and I am very optimistic about our chances this year. I have run at Memphis once before in the truck series and we came away with a top-10 finish. The Discount Tire team is well prepared for a good run this weekend. I have a lot of confidence in our guys and I know Auggie Vidovich is going to do a great job practicing the car while I am in Atlanta. It is all about teamwork and trusting one another. We are ready to be in Victory Lane and Memphis is a great place to get that first win of the season.”

Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:

“We are extremely focused for this weekend. Auggie Vidovich will be practicing the car for David, so I am confident it will be business as usual when David gets behind the wheel at race time. We have to start in the back but I know David will be primed to get to the front as fast as he can. I feel David is primed to win this race because of his experience at the track in the truck series. When a driver is comfortable with a track they can do special things in a racecar. I expect us to run in the front all night. This team has worked hard this week and I think they should be rewarded. A win sounds like a nice prize.”

I have a feeling David is going to have a GREAT race or two this weekend.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

espressoshots
Global Moderator
Spotter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:20 pm »

Grin Congrats on David's 3rd place finish at Memphis!!!
Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:58:22 pm »

WOOOOOO HOOOOO WAY TO GO!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: