The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Greg Biffle Fans Forum!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Atlanta / Memphis Weekend

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta / Memphis Weekend  (Read 79 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:29 am »

~Race2Win

Pep Boys Auto 500 - Carl Edwards Notes

Carl Edwards
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Pep Boys Auto 500
Sunday October 28
1:00 PM Eastern – ABC/PRN

Fast Facts

Carl Edwards is currently fifth in the ‘Chase’ for the NEXTEL Cup with 5770 points, 285 points behind the leader, Jeff Gordon
Edwards will make his seventh Cup start at Atlanta this weekend. In his previous six starts, Edwards has achieved two wins, three top-five and five top-10 finishes.
Edwards’ average finish at Atlanta is 9.8. His average running position of 11.9 is eighth best among active drivers. His driver rating of 104 is fourth-best
Edwards captured his first NEXTEL Cup and NASCAR Busch Series wins at Atlanta in March of 2005
This weekend BSD sales contest winners Grimmett’s Gang and Riley’s Racers will have special decals on the No. 99 at Atlanta

Carl Edwards
Team: No. 99 Office Depot Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-270 Raced the first California in February of this year; Raced to victory lane at Atlanta in 2005.

Edwards on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:“Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks to race. It’s a really fun track and I get excited just driving through the tunnel to get inside – I can’t wait to get there and race. The biggest day of my racing career came at Atlanta Motor Speedway, when I got my first Cup win. It’s a moment I know I’ll never forget. This weekend is going to be a lot fun for the Office Depot team.”

Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
“Atlanta is a great track for Carl and the Office Depot team. It really suits Carl’s driving style and we’ve done very well there in the past. The Office Depot Ford we are bringing to Atlanta is the same one that Carl drove to Victory Lane at Atlanta and Pocono in back in 2005. I am confident in our team and driver and we should have a good showing this weekend.”

Sam’s Town 250 - Carl Edwards Notes

Carl Edwards
NASCAR Busch Series: Sam's Town 250
Saturday October 27
3:00 PM Eastern – ESPN2/MRN

Carl Edwards
Team: No. 60 Scotts Winterguard Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Pierre Kuettel (P.K.)
Chassis Number: RK-357 Last Ran at Gateway; finished 6th

Edwards on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:
“Memphis is our last split weekend. We had a great race there last year starting from the rear. I won’t get to practice or qualifying the car, but we’ll have Matt (McCall) back with us and he did a real good job setting up the car earlier this year. My Scotts team has done a fantastic job this year and we have a great shot to lock in the championship there. That would be a major milestone in my career.”

Crew Chief Pierre Kuettel on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:
“Well, the team is coming off a down weekend, which was great. We only have four races left and this Scotts Winterguard team is determined to make the most of them. We have a good shot to lock in the driver’s championship in Memphis. We have Matt McCall back practicing and qualifying the car for us. Carl will show up right before the race and start from the rear. It should make for a very exciting race for everybody.”

Glad to see another Gong show driver getting some time in one of the cars, even if it is just to practice it.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:08:59 am by Darnell99Fan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum