The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:33:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit The Links Page Located on the Toolbar For Awesome Sites

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Atlanta II: Ricky Rudd preview

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta II: Ricky Rudd preview  (Read 73 times)
Jeni
Vote for Helio ~~ Penske Power rocks the dance floor
Global Moderator
Grease Monkey

Forum Mother

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:16:45 pm »

Atlanta II: Ricky Rudd preview
Racing series   NASCAR-CUP 
Date  2007-10-24

RUDD AND THE #88 TEAM CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN AT ATLANTA

CHARLOTTE, NC (October 23, 2007) -- The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend for the Pep Boys Auto 500. Ricky Rudd and the #88 team will be running a special Snickers® Halloween paint scheme this weekend at Atlanta in celebration of the upcoming Halloween holiday. The team has also prepared a brand new chassis for this weekend's Pep Boys Auto 500. The new chassis is based off of information the team has gathered throughout the 2007 season at various 1.5-mile tracks and the #88 team hopes this new car will yield a strong performance.

Ricky Rudd:

How are you feeling heading into Atlanta this weekend?

"Atlanta's always been a tough track for me. I won there about 20 years ago, but it's just one of those tracks that I haven't had much luck at. We're going to Atlanta this weekend with a brand new car. From my understanding it's a car that is similar to the one David (Gilliland) ran the other weekend at Charlotte which turned out to be a pretty good car. We'll see what happens this weekend but it's encouraging to see that the guys at the shop are trying out some new things they've learned throughout the season and putting it together in our car for this weekend."

What is the biggest challenge of racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway?

"Qualifying and racing at Atlanta are two different things and I think that has always been the biggest challenge. Atlanta is just a very fast track when you go to qualify. The new tires give you very good grip and the car usually has a good amount of tape on the grill when we go out for qualifying. Both of those factors combined with the fact that qualifying take place at night, really leads to some very high speeds for qualifying. In race trim the pace slows down a little bit and the groove that drivers run widens out a little more. One of the great things about Atlanta is that drivers do have a variety of grooves that they can run in during the race so a lot of times there is enough room to race each other there."

-credit: ryr

From motorsport.com

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

~ If you don't believe, then you don't belong ~ Alan Kulwicki ~ 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion

~ Put your head down and go for it ~ Greg Moore

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum