The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:36:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congrats to RoushBiff6 Member of the Month for November

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Martinsville Subway 500

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Martinsville Subway 500  (Read 225 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2007, 02:51:04 pm »

Subway 500 - David Ragan Notes

David Ragan
Martinsville Speedway, Oct. 19-21
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Subway 500
Sunday, October 21
1:00 PM Eastern - ABC/MRN

Fast Facts

David Ragan competed at Martinsville Speedway in the NEXTEL Cup Series in October 2006. He started 41st and finished 25th.
Ragan ran his first race at Martinsville in the Craftsman Truck Series in the spring of 2006. He qualified 5th, but finished 34th after blowing an engine late in the race.
Ragan is currently in second place or the running of the 2007 NEXTEL Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year. Juan Pablo Montoya leads Ragan by 15 points.

David Ragan
Team: No. 6 AAA Insurance Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig
Chassis: Primary: RK- 467 Previously ran at Richmond in the spring, finished 20th; Loudon, finished 15th; Richmond in the fall, finishes 3rd
Back-up: RK- 459 Previously ran at Phoenix, finished 41st; Dover, finished 14th; Loudon, finished 19th

Ragan on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"I believe the first time I raced here at Martinsville in the Cup cars I was referred to as a dart with no feathers, so I am hoping that I have at least sprouted a few by now. This will be the second COT race at Martinsville and the 15th COT race of the season so I am looking forward to a good run and a good finish. We have had a rough couple of weeks so we definitely need to redeem ourselves and I think this weekend will be a good weekend for it. I really enjoy the short tracks and that is where I am most comfortable so I guess we will see what happens, but we are looking forward to a good weekend."

Crew Chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"The last short track race that we ran was Richmond where David finished 3rd and after the past few weeks we could definitely use another good finish so I think we are all looking forward to Martinsville this weekend. The Busch teams are off this weekend which will help David focus more on his Cup car, especially with it being a COT race. We finished 15th here in the spring so we would really like to beat that and bring home another top-5 or top-10. There are only five races left in the 2007 season and we are sitting right outside of the top 20. That is definitely somewhere that we would like to be when Homestead rolls around."

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RacingDude4
PR Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:34:08 pm »

Guess what happened last time we were at a short track? This guy finished in the Top 5!  Smiley
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:42:05 pm »

David is really looking forward to a couple great runs to end up the season with.

Wish he could make ROTY in both series...I don't know if JPM has too much of a lead though.

Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:16:38 pm »

Yeah Michiele might be but you know the way I look he really not been talked bout much because of JPM so just to get close to this so called (superstar) says alot  Wink

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:33:28 pm »

Look who Checkers is going to squak for this weekend....

Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 06:58:32 pm »

aww that cute  Grin

RacinFan44
Grease Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 01:13:13 am »

David should bring home a top 5, top 10 at worst.  After such a great run at Richmond too. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum