The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:57:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Greg Biffle Fans Forum!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Martinsville Subway 500

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Martinsville Subway 500  (Read 231 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:08:17 am »

~Jayskis

Edwards Firesuit/Helmet Auction
Auction ends: November 5, 2007

Fans of Carl Edwards, driver of the #99 Office Depot Ford in the Nextel Cup Series, have the opportunity to bid on a one-of-a-kind racing firesuit and helmet in an online auction to benefit City of Hope National Medical Center in California. Edwards will show his support for City of Hope by wearing the firesuit and helmet in the Subway 500 race on October 21 at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia. The auction will run through November 5 and can be accessed by visiting stores.ebay.com/Roush-Racing-Memorabilia.

City of Hope: one of the most advanced biomedical research and treatment facilities in the world is dedicated to the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases. It is a long-time beneficiary of generous support from the Office Products Industry.

"City of Hope is a great organization that does a wonderful job at helping so many people in need and I am proud to be associated them," said Edwards. "I would like to encourage everyone to bid on the special helmet and firesuit in the online auction. All proceeds go to City of Hope and will aid in helping someone in need."

This very special fundraising project is made possible by the Office Depot Foundation and Roush Fenway Racing. To learn more about the Office Depot Foundation, visit www.officedepotfoundation.org.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:57:21 pm by Darnell99Fan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:33:46 pm »

Thats awesome! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:58:32 pm by Darnell99Fan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 02:57:05 pm »

~Race2Win

Subway 500 - Carl Edwards Notes

Carl EdwardsMartinsville Speedway, Oct. 19-21
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Subway 500
Sunday, October 21
1:00 PM Eastern - ABC/MRN

Fast Facts

Carl Edwards is currently fifth in the 'Chase' for the NEXTEL Cup with 5640 points, 240 points behind the leader, Jeff Gordon
Edwards will make his sixth Cup start at Martinsville this weekend. Edwards has completed 94% of the laps attempted at Martinsville
Edwards captured his best NNCS finish (12th place) at Martinsville in October of last year
Edwards' best finish at Martinsville came back in 2003, when he finished second in the Craftsman Truck Series race. He started that race from the pole position
City of Hope…Edwards will show his support for City of Hope by wearing a special firesuit and helmet in the Subway 500. Fan will be given an opportunity to bid on the firesuit and helmet in an online auction that will last through November 5 and can be accessed by visiting http://stores.ebay.com/Roush-Racing-Memorabilia.
The Chase is On… Catch Edwards every Thursday night on the SPEED Channel at 8:00 PM (ET), as he and NASCAR broadcaster Steve Byrnes recap the races in the 'Chase' for the NEXTEL Cup
Worklife Rewards: Special Promotion - Use The Card and You Can Win The Car: As part of its new Worklife Rewards
program, Office Depot is offering Worklife Rewards
members a unique opportunity to win a one-of-a-kind Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Every time customers use their Worklife Rewards card, they are entered to win a special Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Check out www.myworkliferewards.com. Sweepstakes ends October 20th
Office Depot Store No. 2604 from Highland Village, Tex. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Martinsville this weekend

Carl Edwards
Team: No.99 Office Depot Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-505 Richmond, Sep. '07 - started sixth and finished 42nd after mechanical failure

Edwards on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"Martinsville is a track that I've really had a tough time at over the years. It's probably one of the toughest tracks for me in the Cup car, but I'm still really looking forward to the race. Track position is so important at Martinsville and in Car of Tomorrow races, if we can have a decent qualifying run in the Office Depot Ford I think we can race well there. We haven't had a good Cup race there yet, but we've got a great Car of Tomorrow program, so it should be good. A lot can happen in 500 laps and at Martinsville things like pit strategy and tire management can make or break you. Hopefully things will fall into place and our Office Depot team will continue to make strides towards the Championship."

Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"Martinsville is a difficult track. I would say it's one of the tracks we've struggled the most with. But, it's a Car of Tomorrow race and the Office Depot team has had a lot of success recently in our Car of Tomorrow program, so hopefully this weekend will be no exception. Qualifying will be key, because it's so hard to pass in the Car of Tomorrow and at a short-track like Martinsville once can easily be lapped. This will be a tough track for us but I feel confident in our team and driver and am looking forward to a strong finish."

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:58:17 pm by Darnell99Fan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

RacingDude4
PR Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:31 pm »

With some luck, he may do a backflip this weekend.  Cool
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Jeni
Vote for Helio ~~ Penske Power rocks the dance floor
Global Moderator
Grease Monkey

Forum Mother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:16:26 pm »

I hope so David.  Kinda getting tired of either the 24 or 48 winning all the time.  Roll Eyes

I'd love to see Ricky 'da Rooster' Rudd back in VL at Martinsville too.  Smiley

~ If you don't believe, then you don't belong ~ Alan Kulwicki ~ 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion

~ Put your head down and go for it ~ Greg Moore
RacinFan44
Grease Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 01:09:52 am »

As much as we all hate it, I think the 24 will really do well at Martinsville.  However, I hope Carl wins it anyway. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum