The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:19:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congrats to RoushBiff6 Member of the Month for November

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ford 400 ~ Ford 300 at Homestead-Miami

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford 400 ~ Ford 300 at Homestead-Miami  (Read 169 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:18:08 am »

~Race2Win

Checker Auto Parts 500 - Jamie McMurray Notes      (I think Race2Win put the wrong race title down  Huh?)
Jamie McMurray

Homestead-Miami Speedway
1.5-mile speedway located in Homestead, Fla.
NNCS: Ford 400; Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007

FAST FACTS:

Jamie McMurray scored one of his three career Cup poles at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Nov. 2003 – the others coming at Pocono Raceway and Infineon Raceway.
In five visits to the 1.5-mile speedway, McMurray has two top-10 finishes.
In this weekend’s Ford 400, the No. 26 Ford Fusion will don the 2008 Crown Royal paint scheme.
Entering the final race of the 2007 season, McMurray is currently 17th in the NEXTEL Cup point standings, with one win, three top fives and nine top-10 finishes.

Jamie McMurray - NNCS ADVANCE
Team: No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Larry Carter
Chassis: RK–393 – Last raced at Texas – Nov. 2007 – Finished ninth
Backup – RK–403 – Tested at Las Vegas – March 2007

McMurray on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:“It’s really tough to believe we are already going to Miami this weekend. It seems like this season has flown by. I’m really proud of how far this team has come this season. From the moment Larry (Carter) joined the team, you could tell a difference with all the guys. They all believe in him and this program. I have to say, our “Car of Tomorrow” program has come a long way and I know we are making strides with it. I think it will be a lot better for everyone once we are all in the same car all season long.

“This weekend we are taking the same car that we ran well with in Texas. We finished in the top-10 and it’s a car that I really think will perform well for us this weekend in Miami. We are also running our 2008 paint scheme on the car. It’s a new decal package, along with a slightly new color. It would be great to end the season on a high note in our No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion.”

Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“This weekend we are taking RK-393 down to Miami with us. It’s the same car that we ran at Texas a few weeks ago and has been a pretty good car for us at the 1.5-mile tracks. It’s weird that it will be the last time we run the current style car, before switching everything over to the ‘Car of Tomorrow’ next season. For the last couple of months, this No. 26 team has done a great job with unloading really fast race cars. Hopefully, that will hold true for us this weekend in Miami. I'd really like for our No. 26 team to end the season with a really strong run.”

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:19:21 am by Darnell99Fan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:20:44 pm »

~Race2Win

Ford 300 - Jamie McMurray Notes

Jamie McMurray
NASCAR Busch Series: Ford 300
Saturday November 17
4:00 PM Eastern – ESPN2/MRN

Jamie McMurray
Team: No. 26 World Financial Group Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Chad Norris
Chassis: RK-371 Last ran Dover; finished 40th

McMurray on racing in the Busch Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“Wow, I can’t believe this is the last race of the season already. It has really blown by, but I guess it always seems to do that. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Chad and the entire No. 26 Busch Series team this season. They have given me some great cars and we’ve had some strong runs. I haven’t run a Busch race at Homestead in a few years, so I’m excited to get out there and see how we can do.”

Crew Chief Chad Norris on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
“The No. 26 team is glad to welcome World Financial Group onto the car this week. We are bringing chassis 371, which is a car we’ve had some really good runs with in the past. We put a brand new body on it from Dover and are excited to run this car this weekend and see how Jamie does in it. We look to end out the season on a high note with a really good finish.”

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum