The Greg Biffle Fan Forum has merged with The Race Garage.
Greg Biffle Fan Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:25:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Member of the Month on Dec. 1st Don't Forget to Vote

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Charlotte II

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlotte II  (Read 171 times)
Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:04:01 pm »

~Race2Win

Bank of America 500 - Jamie McMurray Notes
Jamie McMurray
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Bank of America 500
Saturday October 13
7:00 PM Eastern - ABC/PRN

Fast Facts

Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first NEXTEL Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the NEXTEL Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin.
In 10 NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, McMurray has one win, two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
McMurray, with 112 laps, has led more laps at the 1.5-mile speedway than any other track in his NEXTEL Cup career.
Lowe's Motor Speedway ranks as the eighth-best track for McMurray. Currently, he boasts a 15.4-average finish.

Jamie McMurray
Team: No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Larry Carter
Chassis: Primary: RK–428 Last raced at Pocono – August 2007 – Finished 40th
Backup: RK–403 Tested at Las Vegas – March 2007

McMurray on racing at Lowe’s Motor Speedway:
"I’m really looking forward to returning to Lowe’s this weekend. It’s a track that will always be special to me and a track that I really do enjoy racing at each time we visit. In the spring I thought we had a pretty good race car, but we were caught up in a wreck early into the race. We pulled out a top-20 finish, but I know we were capable of running better than that. This weekend, we are taking a really good race car to Lowe’s. We have run this car a few races this year and each race it seems to run really well and post pretty good finishes. I don’t want to go as far to say that it’s my favorite car, but certainly a car that I feel comfortable driving.

“Being caught up in that wreck last week was certainly not what our team needed. For the last few weeks we have continued to unload good racecars, and last weekend was no different. We had a strong car, but just couldn’t make it to the end to show what we really had. I’m feeling really good about this weekend and the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion we are taking.”

Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Lowe’s Motor Speedway:
“We are taking RK-428 to Charlotte this weekend, which is a team favorite car. This is a car that we have run at Charlotte, Pocono and a few other tracks this season. It’s a car that Jamie feels good in and feels comfortable driving it. That always makes it easier on the crew chief side, because Jamie knows exactly what we need to do to this car to make it turn better and find the extra speed in the car. This is a car that has been pretty good to us this season, and hopefully this weekend in front of our hometown crowd, it will perform for us again.

I know all the guys on the No. 26 are looking forward to the race and having their family and friends at the track. So, hopefully we’ll put on a good show for them and have a good run on Saturday night.”

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Highflying9916
Administrator
Crew Chief

Future Nextel Cup Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:49:52 pm »

Jamie ran great last night but err bad luck again  Cry

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:49:38 pm »

Busch post race...

~Roush Fenway Racing

McMurray Spins Out First for Roush Fenway’s Unlucky Night in Charlotte
Jamie McMurray and the No. 26 Dish Network Ford Fusion Racing Team
Lowe’s Motor Speedway/October 12, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (October 12, 2007) – Jamie McMurray and the No. 26 Dish Network team had victory lane in sight for the first lap of the Dollar General 300.  After securing a third-place standing for the first two laps, a flat right rear tire brought McMurray to the pits.  After climbing towards the top 10 for the next 75 laps, crew chief Chad Norris advised McMurray to return to the pits for four tires and fuel.  McMurray easily returned to the top 10 and climbed all the way to seventh place when his right-rear tire caused a disappointing spinout and an ultimate “DNF.”

No one would have predicted a wreck in McMurray’s night in Charlotte.  Starting up front and an easy climb to the top 10 after two pit stops had everyone’s hopes high as McMurray cleared car after car. 

No problems were evident for the Dish Network team until lap 34, when he thought he felt the tire going down. 
“Look at my tires,” McMurray said to Norris. “I think I’m running a right rear flat.”  Indeed he was, and after a 14-second pit stop, McMurray was in 34th place on lap 36.  Norris reported that the right-rear tire had indeed become “flatter than a pancake,” with a slice towards the outer edge.  No one was sure if he ran over anything; McMurray had slowly heard the air escape from the tire.  After the pit stop, McMurray was able to advance to 26th place.

On lap 45, McMurray felt as if his right rear was flat again.  “I feel like I’m getting loose,” he said, and Norris advised he duck into the pits if needed.  McMurray then began a steady climb all the way to 14th place until lap 85, when the crew brought him to the pits again.  In his third pit stop, McMurray required four new tires, fuel and no adjustments.

McMurray then took control of the track, clearing car after car to secure a promising seventh-place standing.  All was looking well for McMurray until lap 105 when he spun out with 95 laps to go.

McMurray ended his race with a hearty, “Thanks for the hard work, boys.” He was uninjured, but the car was undeniably finished for the night.  “Take her to the shop,” said Norris.

“I got a big run on those guys and I think there were a couple of lapped cars,” said McMurray.  “The No. 5 was trying to get by them.  They slowed down and when I slowed down, there was a car on my outside and I just spun out.  It was pretty much all my fault.  There wasn’t a whole lot I could do.”

About Roush Fenway Racing

Roush Fenway Racing is NASCAR’s largest team operating 13 motorsports teams, five in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup with drivers Matt Kenseth, Jamie McMurray, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and David Ragan; five in the Busch Series with Kenseth, Biffle, Edwards, McMurray, Ragan, Todd Kluever, Michel Jourdain Jr. and Danny O’Quinn Jr.; and three in the Craftsman Truck Series with Edwards, Peter Shepherd, Travis Kvapil, Erik Darnell and T.J. Bell; and one in the ARCA/REMAX Series with Colin Braun and Darnell.

Darnell99Fan
Global Moderator
PR Manager

Forum Mother

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 02:29:50 pm »

~Roush Fenway Racing

McMurray Contends for Win at Charlotte Before Unlucky Caution Flag Flies
Jamie McMurray and the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion Racing Team
Lowe's Motor Speedway/October 13, 2007

CONCORD, N.C. (October 13, 2007) – After a solid qualifying run and leading the Bank of America 500 twice for a total of 27 laps, Roush Fenway Racing driver Jamie McMurray had his strong race-winning run ruined by an unfortunate caution flag.  McMurray drove most of the race in top 10; before a green flag stop on lap 279, just 55 laps from finish, landed him a lap down due to a caution flag displayed two laps after his green flag pit stop.  This stroke of bad luck left the No. 26 Crown Royal team with a 24th-place finish in the final night race of the season.         

The No. 26 Crown Royal team entered tonight’s race excited, not only to perform well in front of their hometown crowd, but also because of the solid race car they knew they had brought to the track.  The No. 26 Ford Fusion been a fast car in all three practices, but McMurray proved the engine power he had with a sixth-place qualifying run on Thursday evening.  As 165,000 friends and family packed the stands of the hometown, Lowe’s Motor Speedway, McMurray and the No. 26 team knew they were contenders for a victory.

The 334-lap event started under perfect racing conditions – 60 degree temperatures and clear skies.  As the green flag dropped, McMurray, who started on the outside line, quickly charged through to the front of the field.  By lap seven, McMurray leading the field. 

McMurray maintained his top-five position until the second caution of the night, for a spinning race car in turn one, brought most of the field down pit road for service.  As McMurray entered the pits, crew chief Larry Carter called for two tires, fuel and a slight air pressure adjustment since McMurray had earlier noted that the handling was a bit too loose entering the corners.

A 6.1 second pit stop by the Crown Royal crew put McMurray in the third position for the restart.  During the next run, McMurray radioed the team noting the car was still loose entering the corners and tight through the center.  Carter answered his driver by instructing the team to take half a round of wedge out of the car on the next stop to improve the No. 26 machine’s handling at the entry to the corner. 

During the next caution period on lap 68, McMurray, still running in the top five, wheeled his No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion down pit road for the requested service.  During the stop, a lug nut fell off one of the tires losing the team five positions on pit road.  Carter assured his driver and the team that it was a long race and they would make up the difference.

As McMurray restarted on lap 71, he immediately came over the radio and noted that he was extremely loose as though the car had taken on a bad set of tires.  Carter asked McMurray to ride it out and to hold on until the next caution period.  Luckily for the No. 26 team, the next caution period came quickly – on lap 76.  McMurray quickly made his way down pit road for four fresh tires.  The new tires remedied the situation but the additional stop left the team with an unfavorable track position – McMurray was now scored 23rd.

Over the course of the next 100 laps, Carter made a handful of pit strategy calls that helped McMurray climb back into the top five.  By lap 206, McMurray was scored in the fourth position and proved that the Crown Royal team were contenders for the win.

McMurray continued to run in the top five until lap 272, when the field began pitting for tires and fuel.  Carter radioed McMurray, telling him they would stretch their fuel mileage as long as possible but they could only go another four laps.  On lap 277, as the No. 26 machine was close to running out of fuel, Carter called McMurray down pit road for a green flag pit stop.  Unfortunately for the No. 26 team, just two laps after their pit stop, the caution flag was displayed.  With the leaders still on the track, McMurray was forced to restart the next green flag directly ahead of the leaders, which would put him almost one lap behind the lead car.

Although McMurray and the entire No. 26 team did everything they could to regain their lap, there were just not enough laps left in the race.  As race winner Jeff Gordon took the checkered flag, McMurray came across the line in the 24th position.

“Tonight just wasn’t our night, guys,” said McMurray following the race.  “We had one of the strongest cars out there and probably one of the best cars we have taken to the track all season long, but the luck didn’t fall our way.  There is really nothing you can do when the caution flag flies before the leaders pit. You are just caught a lap down. Our No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion was great tonight, and we kept it in one piece, which means we can take it with us to Atlanta and give it another shot.”

Next weekend the No. 26 Crown Royal team will travel 111 miles north to Martinsville Speedway.  In their spring run at Martinsville, the No. 26 team posted a top-10 finish at the .526-mile track.  The 32nd race of the season will be aired on ABC, MRN and Sirius Satellite Radio.  The action begins at 1:30p.m. Eastern.

NEXT UP:
Subway 500
Martinsville Speedway (.526-mile speedway)
Martinsville, Va.
Sunday, October 21, 2007

About Roush Fenway Racing

Roush Fenway Racing is NASCAR’s largest team operating 14 motorsports teams, five in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup with drivers Matt Kenseth, Jamie McMurray, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and David Ragan; five in the Busch Series with Kenseth, Biffle, Edwards, McMurray, Ragan, Todd Kluever, Michel Jourdain Jr. and Danny O’Quinn Jr.; and three in the Craftsman Truck Series with Edwards, Peter Shepherd, Travis Kvapil, Erik Darnell and T.J. Bell; and one in the ARCA/REMAX Series with Colin Braun and Darnell.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum